Ever since the creation of the new Basilica of the Annunciation (1960-69) it was felt that trustworthy and qualified guides would be vital to serving the needs of the increasing numbers of Christian pilgrims who began to flock to the Holy Land after its construction. The first "Office Guide" worked in a room on the Casa Nova Street. WHAT DO WE DO?
The guides were Arab Christians who underwent rigorous academic training in the old Franciscan School. They came out with an excellent knowledge of the history, archeology and spirituality of the Holy Places. While the guides provided a valuable service to the many pilgrims coming to Nazareth, ultimately, the Pilgrims' Office was not sustained.
On the 12th of May 2009, the Monday after Pentecost, a decision was made to reopen the Pilgrims' Office in cooperation with the Shalom Catholic Community.
Together we work in assisting the Christian pilgrims and share in the Liturgical animation of the Shrine. We began to "hear" from the Christian pilgrims and visitors of all kinds and their vital input has given shape and purpose to this Office.
* Provide customized support to the visitor.
* Give information about the Shrine and the city of Nazareth.
* Book Masses in the Shrine, celebrated by groups of pilgrims.
* Manage the weekly liturgical activities of the Basilica of the Annunciation:
* Daily timetables, Mass intentions and prayer
* Offer volunteer programs
* Requests for new mosaics for the Shrine We are here from Monday to Saturday, 8:30am to 11:45am, and 2pm to 5:45pm